How is the board of directors elected and who serves?
Our board is made up of volunteer ROC members elected by the membership.
- The member households elect a board of directors, which appoints committees to do different tasks and manage the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Elections take place at an annual meeting in February.
- Prior to the elections, the board of directors sends out a notice that there are elections for those interested in running for the board. Members must be in good standing to run.
- Board members serve different lengths of time depending on their position.
- The board of directors is always looking for volunteers – there's always a place for those who want to pitch in!